- brush the walls and floor of your pool
- Vacuum your pool at least twice a day
- skim the top of your pool everyday
- run the filter 8- 12 hrs a day
- keep your pH level between 7.4-7.6
Algae comes in a couple different types as a pool enemy. You don’t want to have an algae filled pool right before that pool party do you? Treatment to the pool is a necessity if you’ve got those green fellows tagging along. How green is your pool, if it’s a teal color you can get rid of the algae in just a few simple steps. Although the darker the algae the peskier the problem. Algae likes to cling to the dark cracks and crevices of your pool setting its roots before spreading. Fight back, Goodbye Algae! These simple steps should take care of the algae if it’s at an early stage.