Spa Maintenance Tips
Spa Tips – Keep it Clean
It’s really important to keep your spa in great working condition. Otherwise, how are you going to relax in it? Here are a few helpful tips that will keep your spa clean and happy.
- Your spa should be completely drained of water at least once every 6 months. Once drained, it should get a thorough cleaning before refilling it with fresh water. If your spa is used heavily, you might want to do this every 3-4 months.
- To properly clean your spa, once it has been drained, use a nonabrasive, extra strength degreaser/cleaner.
- After it is dry, use some spa polish to bring back the spa’s natural shine, and protect the acrylic.
- Be sure to clean the spa filter cartridge and clean any stains around the drain and inlets. This may have to be done by hand using an anti-scaling agent to prevent future buildup and stains.
- If you have a skimmer, or a spa cover, then clean both frequently.
- If your spa is still looking a little iffy after refilling with clean water, check your water chemistry and make sure you are running the filter for at least 2 hours a day. If it continues to look bad, set the filter to run for a full 24 hours and see if that clears it up. You can also “shock” the water with chlorine to clean it up and get rid of that stale chlorine smell.
Everybody at Premier Pools & Spas wants you to get the most out of your spa. If you have any further questions, check out our general pool maintenance FAQ.