How To Make Sure Your Pool Build Goes Well:
- #1 – Get All the Proper Permits Depending on where you live, you’ll need one or more permits to build a pool (and you may need to do various soil tests, inspections, etc. to get those permits). If you don’t get them on time, that can really hold up a building project, so it’s best to make sure everything is figured out in advance.
- #2 – Hire the Right Pool Builders This is probably the most important thing you can do when it comes to making sure that the process of building your dream pool doesn’t become a nightmare. Do your research, check references and ask questions before you make a decision. If you hire a team of expert pool builders, the entire construction period will be much less stressful.
- #3 – Have a Clear Contract It’s incredibly important during the pool planning phase that if you make a plan, then you stick to it. That means having a clear contract and statement of work (or similar work plan) that everybody has agreed to. This will also allow your pool builders to give you a much more accurate projected timeline — you’d be surprised at how many homeowners make changes mid-project and then are upset when things aren’t finished within the original timeframe.
- #4 – Reserve Emergency Funds Don’t completely max out your funds with the original plan. This will allow you to reserve some money in case unforeseen complications force construction costs above your original budget. The standard recommendation in the home improvement industry is that you should try to have 10% of your budget tucked away for emergencies.
- #5 – Keep a Sense of Humor Try to keep a good attitude during construction, even if you’re getting stressed. Anxiety is a normal part of any home improvement project, but you can alleviate it by preparing as much as possible and then laughing it off when things there’s no way to control — like the weather — throw timelines off track. You’ll be diving into the cool water of your beautiful pool soon enough, so focus on that.
Do you have any more tips for keeping the pool construction process as painless as possible? Share them in the comments.
Contact the right pool builders
Comment On This Post