Why Experts Say Fall is The Perfect Time of Year to Build a Pool…Getting your pool built in the fall makes it accessible and ready to go once the warm weather comes along. So, you don’t have to wait in the hot summer for your pool to be built. The autumn months are the ideal time to build a pool since you can pretty much guarantee much less delays with more predictable weather in most parts of the country. Permits are easier to obtain and inspectors are less busy to review work being done on your property. Pool builders are also typically much less busy around the end of the year and may feel pressure to keep bids as low as possible. It’s the best time of the year to build a pool and take advantage of any closeout sales on materials and equipment. Pricing aside, it gives you roughly 6 months to work on your pool and landscaping before ideally you want to begin using it. While working on the pool probably feels like something to do in the summer, if you constructed your pool during the fall or winter it would be ready by the time spring and summer come along. Building your pool in the summer would cause it to be ready by winter and you’d have to wait to use your pool for another year. It’s also high season for most pool builders and prices are likely to still high for most builders specializing in pool construction. Premier Pools has several big promotions each year, watch and follow up on our events to get awesome deals and get in early on the best deal of the season to create your perfect pool.
10 Great Reasons to Build Your Pool in the Fall:
- BEAT THE RUSH – By waiting until the weather is starting to cool, you miss the height of pool-building season, and have a better chance to find a contractor without a lot of other jobs to divert their attention.
- COOLER TEMPERATURES – The moderate temperatures of fall lend themselves well to working outside. The construction team won’t be thinking about how long it is until they can get inside in the air conditioning, meaning they can concentrate fully on building your pool.
- CONVENIENCE – You will probably want to landscape after the pool is finished. What type of weather do you want to be outside working in?
- BETTER PRICES – As the height of pool season winds down, and dealers begin looking at their year end numbers, you may be able to negotiate better prices or take advantage of overstocked or soon to be discontinued inventory.
- RIGHT TIMING – If you start building in spring, with the hopes of having the pool built in time for birthdays, holidays, etc., an unexpected spring shower can throw your whole timeline off. You can rest easy knowing that your pool will be up and ready to go for summer if it gets started in the fall.
- READY TO SWIM – Getting your pool built in fall means when the mercury starts shooting up in spring, you are already prepared to start spending time in your new pool.
- SAVE FOR DECK – Construction of the pool deck generally comes after the pool is built. Building the pool in fall allows you to split up the construction of pool and deck, and gives you a chance to save money all winter for the completion of the deck, instead of one giant outlay of cash in spring.
- YARD RECOVERY – Fall construction gives your yard a chance to recover over the winter before summer comes.
- HOT TUB FOR WINTER – If you are installing a spa or hot tub along with your new pool, what better time to enjoy it than during the fall and winter months?
- TAX REFUND – Taxes – As you approach the end of the year remember that your pool is not only a major purchase but also is considered a home improvement which can be claimed on your taxes. Imagine opening your pool in the spring and getting a nice tax refund within weeks of each other. That’s borderline backyard zen.
Get an Estimate on Building Your Pool This Fall
Comment On This Post