Taking The Plunge – Diving into Your Inground Swimming Pool
You’re standing on the edge of that diving board. The plastic is warm under your feet and the sun is shining down. You take a deep breath and prepare for the plunge into your inground swimming pool. But how to jump in?
In your imagination you are an Olympic diver. You swan off the diving board with grace and neatly slice the water as you enter. But in reality, when you step off the board, all you can do is curl into a ball and make a big splash.
Now we’re not knocking the cannon ball; it is pretty awesome. But maybe you wanted to be a little more stylish and athletic in your swimming pool? Well, it’s your lucky day because we’ve got some tips for the aspiring diver in you.
- When you’re ready to begin your walk down the diving board, take it in three steps and hop to the end of the board. Make sure to bend your knees and swing your arms back. Keep your head and neck straight.
- Now the board will straighten and you will bounce up. Swing your arms back over your head.
- Now you’re airborne. Wait until you’re as high as you will get and then bend at the waist.
- Bring your arms together over your head and point them down towards the water.
- As you drop, straighten the rest of your body. Keep your toes pointed and your arms straight.
If you can manage all of that, you should glide right into the water of your swimming pool.
Now maybe that sounds a little daunting and you want to start off with something a little easier? That’s fine. Here’s a helpful video that teaches 3 easy forms of diving.