There are a hundred reasons to own a pool, but here are a quick five to consider.
1. An Impromptu Vacation: The word “staycation” was coined not too long ago, but the idea behind it has always been one of the great intrinsic benefits of owning a swimming pool. You don’t even need to pack the car up for a drive down the freeway. Your swimming pool is right there waiting for you when you need it. You can be stressed at work at 5 o’clock, and be dipping your toes in the pool by 5:30.
2. Pools = Fun: People have different ideas of fun. Maybe it’s sitting with your eyes closed, listening to the breeze. Or perhaps for you it means running and jumping and laughing with your friends or family. Both extremes and everything in between are possible in a backyard swimming pool. You define the experience.
3. Kids Kids Kids: Fun, health, safety; these are all reasons for introducing your children to swimming sooner rather than later. It’s a natural outlet for their energy, and it teaches them early on the healthy benefits of developing physical strength and endurance. Lastly, it prepares them for instances involving pools, rivers, or even the ocean that you don’t anticipate. Being able to be right there for them as they first learn to swim means that when they’re out of view, you won’t have to worry as much.
4. Grandma and Grandpa: Swimming isn’t just for the young. Just as exercise is important for growing kids, it’s important for the older people in your life. Plus, it gives you another reason to have them over at the house more often, to build memories and share stories of the past. A swimming pool is an excuse to pull you parents and grandparents a little closer to you.
5. It’s Long-Term Fun: Vacations, parties, movies, even trips to Disneyland, they’re all over almost before they’ve begun. We do them because they aren’t the norm for us, they’re the exception and not the rule. But with a swimming pool, that poolside escape is a part of your everyday life. Give yourself a reason to smile every day.
Those are just the first five reasons to own a pool that come to mind. But we want to hear what you have to say. If you have a swimming pool, what have you loved about it?