How to Keep Bees Away from the PoolHaving a swimming pool in your backyard is like water heaven to bees. They sure do love the smell of chlorine that’s for sure and will quickly set up shop unless you do something about it. There shouldn’t be a reason that you can’t have fun in your own pool because you’re afraid to be stung by bees. You should feel safe in your own environment. Although the bees may get irritating, there are solutions to this problem without having to harm the bees directly, bees are good for the environment. Bees are typically easier to get rid of than wasps and hornets which are are more territorial, highly aggressive and extremely stubborn. Keep reading as we present some helpful tips to keep bees away from the pool. Here are some solutions on how to keep bees away from the swimming pool,
- Decoy Nests– The first thing you may want to consider is getting decoy nests, putting them away from the pool and progressively watching them transfer over hives. The decoy nest gives them a separate place to nest and some decoys have a sticky solution that slowly kills the bees.
- Raw Meat– Typically wasps are more attracted to this solution, if you were to hang a small amount of raw meat over a bucket of water mix with detergent, when the wasps fall off the meat they land in the bucket and it kills them.
- Dryer Sheets – Scatter dryer sheets around the perimeter of your pool in potted plants, between bushes, etc. Bees are repelled by the scent and will stay away.
- Diesel Fuel– This is another thing that interests wasp, for its strong odor. Setting up bottles of fuel away from the pool, wasps get trapped in the bottles.
- Removal– The last thing we suggest is removing their nests all together, whether you choose to hire an exterminator or take things into your own hands and buy insecticide or just using a regular hose to knock down the nests.
Get a FREE Pool Quote!
Comment On This Post