Top 7 pool maintenance tips are:
1. Enzymes in the off seasonOne way of wading off contaminants such as pollen, bird droppings and other organic matter that might enter your swimming pool during winter months, is using an enzyme product that will break these down. The product will also decrease the amount of scrubbing you will need to do come spring.
2. Use a mid-winter AlgaecideThe battle against algae does not cease just because you are unable to take a dip. On the last day of swimming pool operation, add algaecide that is created to remain in the water for a long time. For full circulation, you can run the pump for a day and then switch off your system for the winter season. A product that lasts for 3 months will make sure your swimming pool is protected for a huge part of the winter months.
3. Use the right coverThe best covers are those with a loop-lock feature since you can vacuum and hose off debris frequently. It also helps to keep your swimming pool protected from kids and wildlife.
4. Add chlorineBefore you close your swimming pool in the fall, add a little chlorine to the water to ensure it stays clean throughout the winter season. Chlorine can also be added during spring just before opening your swimming pool. This helps to get rid of any algae that might have grown over the winter season. If your pool has green algae come spring, you can start dealing with it by shocking it and running the filter. Keep testing your water throughout the winter season also and keep levels of pH and alkalinity correct.
5. Trim your treesYou might be asking yourself what your trees have to do with anything; however, if you have huge gardens or trees around your swimming pool, it is not unusual for falling branches in the winter season to puncture pool covers. All through the season, ensure that you remove any leaves or debris that might have built up on your pool cover.
6. Air pillowsIf you have issues with your cover building up junk and water in the off season, you can use an air pillow to help keep the cover up and scatter the debris off the pool’s sides. This is especially helpful on above ground swimming pool covers.
7. Do not drain the poolWhatever you do, do not drain the swimming pool. This could lead to more damage than it will ward off. Looking after your water throughout the winter season will make for a less strenuous opening and maintenance during the summer season. If you want help maintaining your swimming pool, talk to a pool expert so that your swimming pool stays in perfect shape for swimming season and does not end up needing a lot of money in repairs. For great pool maintenance results, use a professional from Premier Pools & Spas. We have the experience of maintaining proper pool chemistry that will help you save money and time!
New Oreleans: Tips on Pool Maintenance
Comment On This Post