Here are ways that you can teach them to take care of swimming pool:
1. Teach them to respect the waterMost kids love swimming and see the swimming pool as an amazing playground. However, it is important to remember the dangers of swimming pools. Teach your kids these dangers and also what to do in case they accidentally fall in.
2. Swimming lessonsNo one should work around a swimming pool if they do not know how to swim. Teach your kids how to swim before showing them how to take care of your pool.
3. Balance your poolThis means balancing the pool water’s pH, calcium hardness level, and total alkalinity. You can teach your kids how to use pH strips to test the water and check the pH levels. It is also an awesome way to show them that what they learn in school also applies in the real world. The pH range should be 7.4 to 7.6. Show them how to handle the pool products and read manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Clean the pool waterYour swimming pool should be cleaned at least once a week. You can make the kids look forward to cleaning the pool by proving fun ways of doing it. Kids are fascinated with tools, and most will not pass up the chance to use the tools they see with grownups. Allow the kids to hold the skimmer baskets and skim for leaves and debris from the pool water.
5. Clean the pool surfacesProvide cleaners, brushes, and vacuums. This can be done as a team with you showing them just how it is done. Start at the shallow end. Brush all areas thoroughly and keep the vacuum head under water at all times.
6. Clean the area surrounding the poolThis should indeed be fun for all ages. Direct the hoses away from the pool to prevent dirt and debris from getting into the swimming pool. The kids will definitely enjoy this as they can play with the water as they do the cleaning. Remember to teach them during warm weather to avoid them catching colds. With all these lessons and the fun they have while doing it, the kids will be looking forward to the next pool cleaning day. Although not all kids might love taking care of the pool, it is important that they learn how to. This will help them when they have their own pool someday.
Teach your kids how to take care of your Marin swimming pool
Comment On This Post