The choice of pool lights on the market provides homeowners in Heart of Texas with an array of pool illumination designs to enhance their pool experience. Nowadays, pool lights provide a limitless variety of decorative pool lighting options. These will allow you to create the best backyard paradise for your home. In this article, you’ll learn more about the different types of pool lighting.
Types of Pool Lighting
- Submersible LED Lights – These don’t need any installation and just sink to the pool’s bottom to light up the water’s surface area.
- Surface-Mounted Underwater LED Pool Lights – These pool lights protrude further than your pool wall does, as well as being a good choice for pool lighting. For the pools that are already finished, you can do installation post building.
- Flush-Mounted Underwater LED Pool Lights – They are the perfect choice to think about when initially building a pool. The reason being, they are simplest to install during the pool building process.
Can you Illuminate the Area Around the Pool?
With the pool lighting dealt with, you’ve got more creative choices when thinking about the illumination around your pool. Between selecting the frequency, shape, color, and brightness of lights, there are limitless options. The most common types of pool lighting are:
- Feature Lighting – Mainly used to highlight features either outside or inside of the pool (perfect for waterfalls), it’s possible to change the pool light colors remotely to animate your outdoor space and pool features.
- LED Flood Lighting –It is perfect for lighting up big areas.
- Pool Backyard Lighting – You can incorporate this lighting into the landscaping around your pool, and also the pavement.
Do you want LED or Halogen Pool Lights?
Halogen – These types of pool lighting need minimal maintenance and usually serviced once every season. Sometimes, you should replace the ring around a Halogen pool light every one to two years. On the other hand, changing the color of these pool lights is very limiting and expensive. Nevertheless, if taken care of well halogen types can last 5 – 20 years.
LED – These types of pool lighting possess a bright glow effect. LED pool lights just use fifty percent of the energy of their halogen counterparts. They need only replacement and not servicing. Creatively enticing, they provide over more than twenty colors you can use a remote control or app to change according to your preference.
Interested in Learning More About The Types of Pool Lighting?
Keep in mind, as a lot of your pool lighting will be underwater, you should think about the pool lighting design while creating your entire custom pool design. You can always incorporate other pool lights as features to enhance your pool’s ambiance. Do you want to find out more about the different types of pool lighting? Contact us at Premier Pool & Spas of the Heart of Texas and we will be happy to help.