Try Out These 5 Water Aerobics Exercises
It’s one thing to have fun fun swimming in the pool all day, but a swimming pool is also a great place to work on staying fit and healthy.
The best part about water aerobics is that it can be a lot less strenuous than other forms of activity. So why not splash into the pool and give these exercises a try? Here we have 5 exercises to work out different parts of the body.
- Arm- Stand with your arms out in front of you holding a beach ball for this water aerobics exercise. Keep your feet apart and hold the ball above the water. Then push the ball below the water in a figure-eight pattern. This will work out your arms as well as your upper body. Just be careful not push too hard or else you might strain your shoulders. Repeat 10 times.
- Waist Toning- Put your back against the pool wall and put your arms on the edge for support. Then lift your knees to your chest, and extend them straight out in front of you. Inhale, and move your legs to the left, the right, and then back to the center. Exhale as you bring your legs back to your chest. Repeat 10 times and keep your back to the wall. This is a strenuous bit of water aerobics so don’t overexert yourself.
- Legs- Stand straight in the water and march in place. Move your arms back and forth and pull your knees up as high as you can while pointing your toes. Keep up a steady rhythm for about 2 minutes.
- Thighs- Stand in the pose used for the waist toning exercise. Now raise your legs like you did with the waist exercise and then spread your legs as widely as you can. Be sure to move from your hip joint. Then bring your legs to the middle. Repeat 10 times.
- Whole Body- You’re terrified of what this one might be right? Don’t worry, you just worked really hard and now it’s time to relax. Take a deep breath and let your whole body float on the water. Relaxation is vital to any round of water aerobics.
So with all that in mind go jump into that pool and burn some calories!