Add a Hot Tub or Spa to Your Pool
Thinking of Adding a Hot Tub or Spa to Your Pool?
Adding a hot tub or spa to your existing swimming pool is a great decision. Based on your personality, and lifestyle, installing a one can be smart for a variety of different reasons. They are a great way to get time to yourself, relax and enjoy a night with friends. There are many different types of designs of spas and hot tubs and many locations inside, outside, raised, attached and detached from the pool for both inground and above ground pools.
Inground Spas vs Above Ground Spas
Above Ground Hot Tubs (Price: $3,000 – $12,000+)
- Ergonomic seating to fit people of all heights
- Typically have 30-70 jets
- Can be placed close to the house. This factor is important. Proximity of a hot tub to the house will dictate how much use it gets. In colder climates, homeowners typically want close access. Inground hot tubs are very popular in California, Texas, Florida, and other sunbelt states. Inground hot tubs can be placed close to the house, but in most cases, are located next to the pool.
- Cost around 20-30$ per month to run on average
- Require less maintenance then an inground unit
- Are always kept at one temperature and do not need to be preheated
- Utilize cover lifters (Spa covers are very heavy and can be difficult to remove. Above ground hot tubs have an attached bar that uses a lever system allowing easy removal of the cover. Typically, two people are needed to remove an inground spa cover.)
Inground Spas (Price: $5,000 – $25,000+)
- Have much more aesthetic potential than an above ground hot tub.
- Bench seating (one depth fits all)
- 5-15 Jets
- Are usually placed near the pool, far from the entrance to the house
- Cost more than $30 per month to run
- Typically must be preheated
- Do not have a cover lift option