Pool construction franchisor, Premier Pools and Spas, now has a franchise model for the service side of the industry.
Premier Pools & Spas, the world’s largest swimming pool builder, is beginning to franchise swimming pool service companies nationwide. Premier began as a Sacramento, CA pool construction company in 1988 and grew to dominate the local market.
In 2010, Paul Porter, CEO of Premier Franchise Management, brought the business outside of California and across the nation. Now serving over 50 markets across the country, Porter is looking to expand the brand once again and this time into the service and maintenance side of the industry.
The new franchise, Premier Pool Service, will cover all one’s pool service needs from maintenance and cleaning packages, to equipment diagnostics and repairs. In the areas where a Premier Pools and Spas construction location exists, it will serve as a warranty station for the sister company. Charles Lauller, the President of Premier Pool Service, will manage the company and train franchisees from his office in a suburb of Dallas. Lauller believes there is a latent demand for something like this in the industry. He elaborated on Premier’s unique experience saying, “We have the ability to take the last 7 years of learning the franchise business, and the last 3 decades of successfully growing companies in the construction business, and apply all of that to the Pool Service side.”
To date more than 60,000 people have trusted Premier to create the backyard of their dreams. With thousands of happy customers across the nation and incredible success in creating a scalable pool construction business, it is the logical progression. Lauller continued, “We’ve been so blessed to build tens of thousands of dream backyards across the US, but we’re only there for 8-12 weeks. We can finish ahead of time and under budget, but weeks later if they don’t have a great service company they can’t fully enjoy their pool. To best protect and maintain the investment all of those homeowners entrusted to us, we can now offer year-round service.”
Becoming a Premier Pool Service franchisee gives one access to the tools, training, systems, and support network needed to succeed in today’s rapidly changing business world. Franchisees are trained in processes, protocols and software. They also receive buying power from economies of scale along with marketing strategies that include online campaign management and lead generation. If you are interested in owning your own pool service franchise call (833) 827-5044. The screening process to become a new franchisee involves an in-depth background and reference check. For more information please visit: http://premier-poolservice.com/why-premier/
About Premier Pools & Spas Since its inception in 1988, Premier Pools & Spas has set industry standards by building high-quality, residential, swimming pools within customers’ budgets. The company has earned many prestigious awards on the local and national level including several Association of Pool & Spa Professional (APSP) International Awards of Excellence for Design, 2006 National Pool Builder of the Year and 2012 US #1 Ranked National Pool Builder by Pool & Spa News.
Houston Franchise Appears on TV Show “Pool Kings” on the DIY ChannelPremier Pools & Spas of Houston recently had the opportunity to appear on the DIY Channel again for a new episode of Pool Kings. Owner Bill Unger of our Houston franchise was approached by the production team to build an over the top inground pool for the Layton family. With a backyard tailor made for a resort style pool, they were ready to build and wanted the best pool builders in Houston to tackle the job. The Layton’s five year old son recently learned to swim, so the couple thought it would be the perfect opportunity to completely transform their backyard with a beautiful pool the entire family could enjoy. Ernie, the father of this young Houston family envisioned many happy days spent in the backyard entertaining friends and family in their new outdoor kitchen while watching the kids splash around in their own custom inground pool and spa. WATCH THE EPISODE OF POOL KINGS The Laytons picked out a beautiful mosaic motif for a gorgeous rainwall that accents the pool area and adds a special element that makes this pool truly unique. They chose to add a travertine deck that really defines the entire pool area and brings all the elements together. The pool itself comes complete with firepots, bubblers, deck jets, goregous led pool lighting and an outdoor kitchen for entertaining. This remarkable design was created by Bill Ungers son Matt Unger, who is fast developing a reputation as one of the top pool designers in the country.
What was it like working on Pool Kings?When asked about this experience, and what it was like to build a pool for a TV Show:
“It was an exciting project to work on, and we look forward to more collaborations with Pool Kings and DIY in the future.” – said owner Bill Unger.We couldn’t be more proud of our Houston team and the job they did for the Layton family speaks volumes about what type of builders they are. While certainly not our first appearance on national television – it was the perfect opportunity to showcase what we are best known for: Making homeowners happy and constructing a quality pool. It’s obvious that the Premier Pools & Spas team down in Houston worked tiredlessly and diligently to produce an outstanding pool. This pool has everything you could possibly want – you’ll just have to see to believe for yourself. They delivered the backyard oasis and outdoor living space the Layton family had been dreaming about and have made yet another family true believers in Premier Pools & Spas and for that we tip our hats off to Bill Unger and his entire team.
Interested In Your Own Backyard Oasis?
Wood Decking is not a thing of the past!Today we are talking about some unique decking options for your new backyard oasis. Wood decking has not been as popular in recent years but we wanted to explore some beautiful wood designs in case you were in search of some alternatives to the ultra modern look of hardscaping. The wooden flooring material creates a stunning pool deck especially with the matching lounge chairs on it. The pool above has decking made from a 50 year old Red Wood!
So, what are my options for decking?
- Natural Stone: This is potentially the most luxurious choice you could choose for a pool deck. While labor-intensive and expensive, the final product is gorgeous and long-lasting. Keep in mind that you will have to perform maintenance on the grout at some point.
- Stamped Concrete: A popular and customizable option. We suggest a more grooved pattern to eliminate slipping around a wet pool area. Easy and fast installation makes up for the fact that cracks may lead to necessary repairs down the line.
- Travertine: Depending on your geographic location, travertine can be affordable or a very high-end, custom choice for your pool decking. It stays cool, the color will not fade and it can withstand freezing temperatures. Travertine is, however, naturally a soft stone and can chip.
- Pavers: Pavers can add an amazing cobblestoned and unique look to your backyard patio. They are durable, affordable and easy to repair. They can feel rough on bare feet around the pool but, you are more likely to avoid slips this way.
- Brick: A classic patio material secured into a concrete base for permanent stability is always an option. It is easy to replace single bricks when one gets cracked or damaged but in general brick is long lasting and durable. Bricks can feel hot on the feet and it will need to be resealed after power washes.
- Grass or Turf: This may seem obvious but, you can always forgo decking altogether and use grass as your surrounding pool material. Grass can easily get into the pool creating additional maintenance procedures. Overall though, grass is inexpensive and natural looking.
Then there is:Wood: As you can tell by the photos in this post, wood decking can be beautiful and even -gasp!- modern looking! A little less cleaning: dirt and sand (if you are lucky enough to have a beach pool) can sift through the wood prior to the swimmer diving in. Ipe, cedar and cypress are just a few popular materials people use around their pools. Yes, wood can split or rot and that is why we recommend sealing and performing seasonal maintenance for longevity and protection from the elements. A raised lap pool with a water fall is the main feature of this back yard. A lawn on the other side of the pool as well as a wooden deck made it look even more beautiful.
Do You Have Pool Decking Questions?
Rain, Rain Go Away!It has been a very rainy few months for much of the United States! “Is there anything I should do to my pool after it rains?” The answer is, yes, and it’s a very common question to our Premier Pools & Spas staff. We encourage you to read on as there are a few things you should check and do to your swimming pool after a heavy rain.
Rain Causing Overflow?If the amount of rain your area received caused your water level to be high over overflow, you can easily remove the excess water by placing your filter into its waster setting mode. Let the waste setting do its thing until you are happy with the pool water’s level.
Pool Chemistry and RainRain water is acidic, so it will naturally lower your pool and spa water’s pH. Remember your pH should not fall below 7.2 or your water can become corrosive and cause damage to your pool’s surfaces and equipment. Pool water with low pH is also uncomfortable for swimmers, and chlorine will expend itself more rapidly. Rain water can also dilute the chemicals in your pool. It’s not uncommon, when gone untreated, to find your pool suddenly cloudy or with an algae outbreak. It is very important to monitor your pool’s water after, and perhaps during, a rain storm. If your area has simply endured some light showers, this is not really a worry.
Rain, Your Pool & WindIf there was windy conditions associated with the rain, chances are: some dirt got into your pristine pool water. Our suggestion is to skim and vacuum the pool. Once it is cleaned up, you can accurately test the water chemistry. You also want to check your chlorine or sanitizer levels. Rain can often introduce pesky contaminants to your water, and your sanitizer will start fighting them off – if the levels are correct. So, check the sanitizer level as well. Speaking of contaminants: Even if it was not windy, run-off from your deck can also dirty your sparkling pool water. We are also often asked if it is completely necessary to shock your pool after a heavy rain. While it is not a bad idea, it is not always a necessary step. As always, remember to: drain to normal levels, check the pH and sanitizer levels only after all the rain has concluded.
Don’t let a little rain stop you! Indoor Pools: 365 Days of Fun!Owning an indoor pool allows you to control of every aspect of your swim season, no matter what is going on outside. If you are considering an indoor pool, we are your builder. Premier Pools and Spas has built a reputation for helping customers design and construct their dream swimming pool. We work closely with each customer to determine the wants and needs for a backyard swimming oasis. If you would like a free estimate, or to learn more about what makes our Premier swimming pool contractors stand out above the crowd, contact your local office today!
Interested in Your Own Pool?
Pool Chemistry: Salt vs. ChlorineThe popularity of saltwater pools has grown in recent years, everywhere from residential backyards to hotel resort pools. But before you invest in a saltwater swimming pool, we want you to do your homework and learn about the important pros and cons associated with this type of feature.
Let’s get nerdy! Salt Water Pools ExplainedThe salt system or generator is purchased and gets installed on the pressure side back by the filtration system ofthe pool. This salt generator basically consists of a control box and a salt cell. The salt cell has metal plates in it which are connected to the control box. The control box sends an electrical charge to the plates which creates chlorine through a process called electrolysis. As pool water passes through the salt cell, the salt in the water is turned into Hypochlorous acid. Hypochlorous acid is the same component that is produced when any chlorine is added to pool water, whether you use sticks, tablets, granular or liquid. As the water returns to the pool, it will introduce the newly produced chlorine. If you’d like to read more, check out this article!
What are the downsides of Salt Water Pools?
- Upfront costs of a generator can be significant. Also, if you are considering a salt water pool for the cost savings, think again. Although they require less maintenance, a salt water pool needs electricity for the chlorine generator to work. Therefore, your cost for operating a salt water pool may be higher when you compare this to a traditional chlorine pool.
- Salt can damage equipment (pumps, heaters, handrails) and decks which can eliminate any cost savings you had factored in when considering between salt and chlorine. This is a well-known fact in the pool industry and has been well documented in recent years in our industry publications. Salt is corrosive and you must consider this when contemplating between salt and chlorine.
- Failing to manage the consistently high pH levels can cause calcium precipitant to adhere to the surface of the pool causing it to become very rough.
- Salt can damage your landscaping! Something that most of us have not considered: the backwash or wastewater that comes from a saltwater swimming pool is known to kill plants and dissolve beneficial soil nutrients. As a result, this type of pool has been linked to crop damage in some areas in Australia and even in the US. It is not surprising that there are American towns and localities that prohibit the use of saltwater swimming pools. So, you need to first check with Premier Pools & Spas or your local authorities before you invest in this type of swimming pool.
The Nation’s Largest Pool ContractorWith over 30 locations nationwide and over 50,000 projects completed, Premier Pools & Spas is the largest pool builder in the United States of America. We can help you carefully weigh out the pros and cons of salt vs. chlorine as we have a wealth of knowledge amongst our staff of experts.
Interested in Your Own Salt Pool?
Your Unique Swimmer Gift GuideIf you have a swimmer in your life, we are here to help you with fresh gift ideas for 2017! Long gone are the days of simple goggles and swimwear, there are all kinds of great gadgets available for swim lovers now. Here are some out-of the-box ideas for anyone in your life who spends more time in the water than on land. Let’s dive in! FINIS Aquarius Youth Swim Fin! Transform your underwater world with the fantasy FINIS Aquarius Youth Swim Fin. The majestic, captivating design will keep your child entertained for hours as they improve their water skills. Details:
- Fun kids’ mermaid monofin.
- Builds their confidence in the water.
- Teaches proper dolphin kick.
A Gift for the Serious Athlete in the FamilyFor the swimmer who is training to compete, we have the perfect gift. The FINIS Tempo Trainer Pro uses beeps to help you set your stroke rate. Convenience and portability combine in this Tempo Trainer Pro to keep you in sync.
How It Works
- Multi-Sport: Applicable for swimming, biking, running and more.
- Audible Beep: Loud enough to hear in and out of the water.
- Sync Button: Synchronize the device to a pace clock or stopwatch.
- Adjustable: Tempo can be adjusted by 1/100 of a second.
- Floats in the water to avoid being lost.
- External clip included to keep it in place on the swim cap.
A Gift for the Perfectionist SwimmerThe FINIS Alignment Kickboard is a new kicking tool that helps teach and maintain body alignment for swimmers of all abilities. The stabilizing hand strap allows users to place their hands on the board without having to grab the sides, creating ideal alignment from the fingertips through the toes.
Why They Need It
- Small sized foam board floats a few inches below the water surface, allowing the user to maintain body alignment by staying flat in the water and not having to kick upwards at an angle.
- Sleek hydrodynamic design is safe on the shoulders.
- Great for streamline, underwater, and side kicking drills.
- Allows for correct body position.
- Sturdy foam kickboard with stabilizing hand strap.
- Designed to maintain optimum body alignment and lengthen body position.
- Hydrodynamic Profile: Keeps swimmers streamlined from finger tips to toes.
- Submersible Design: Use just below the water line, creating ideal body alignment.
- Stabilizing Hand Strap: Control the board without gripping, and place the hands and arms in a streamline.
- Shoulder-Safe: Smaller design puts less pressure on the shoulders.
- All Four Swim Strokes: Great for standard kicking in all four competitive stokes, one arm drills and side kicking.
- Sturdy Foam: Coated material resists the damaging effects of chlorine.
- Lightweight Structure: Compact frame makes for easy storage and travel.
Interested in a Pool for your Swimmer?
Chill Out with a Pool ChillerIt may be difficult to imagine needing a chiller in your pool at this point in the winter season but, it is something to start researching if you are having a pool built for this upcoming summer. We have to face it, it’s getting harder to cool down in the soaring summer time temperatures. Pool chillers are the perfect answer to uncomfortably warm swimming pools.
Why get a chiller?Not only will your pool be refreshing during those hot summer months but your pool water chemistry will be easier to maintain. A 10 degree drop in water temperature (95′ to 85′) can result in a savings of 20-25% on chemical consumption. Spend more time enjoying your cool & refreshing pool all summer long with a swimming pool cooling system (AKA: a ‘chiller’)!
So, how does a pool chiller work?The pool water circulates through the system, as airflow removes the heat from the water instantly. The chilled water is pumped back into your pool, giving you a refreshing and comfortable feeling while swimming during the hot summer days.
Having a pool chiller seem unnecessary? Here are some other tips!
- Plan ahead and add a waterfall to your pool design. Here’s why! It’s just science: moving water stays cooler than still water. Also, adding air to the water will help in the cooling process as well. During the design process, keep this in mind!
- Run your filter at night when the air is cooler. This will help the water to evaporate, thus making your pool a bit more refreshing in the morning.
- Surprise! Your pool heater may be a chiller too! Heat pumps use a refrigerant to maintain a specified swimming pool water temperature by running either heating or cooling cycles. That means, some heat pumps can be reversed to actually cool down your swimming pool.
A note about pool finishes and the size of your pool chiller:Some pools might experience less cooling effects if they have pebble, quartz, tile or dark plaster finishes. If this is your case, you may opt to go up one size when purchasing a chiller. The right size chiller for your pool should decrease the pool water temperature 10-15 degrees in 12 to 14 hours on average (residential pools).
We have locations all over the country to keep you chill!Whether you’re looking for New Pools or Remodels. Click on your state in the map, you’ll find pool builders across the United States. Locating a local Premier Pools & Spas in your area isn’t very hard. With over 40 locations, we’re the largest pool builder in the world. Find a top quality pool construction expert in your local area now! Although we have been honored to be given multiple industry awards and accolades, it is the relationships with our customers that mean the most to us and validates what we do every day. We look forward to having you as part of our growing Premier Family.
Ready for your FREE Estimate?
LED Lighting Sets the MoodYou should have the ability to enjoy your beautiful, new backyard paradise morning, noon and night. At night, that is when LED lighting come into play. LED stands for Light Emitting Diodes, illuminated by the movement of electrons within a semiconductor material. LED lights have no filaments, so they emit no heat. For fun: LED’s also change colors and have several light show settings! Now that’s an impressive party trick!
How Often Will I Have to Replace an LED Bulb?LED bulbs have a very long life span…about 30,000 hours compared to the 5,000 hours of the incandescent and the 6,000 hours fiber optics. That’s the equivalent of SIX incandescent replacements and FIVE fiber optic replacements. Premier Pools & Spas of San Diego Stone tile flooring creates a cohesive design in this luxurious backyard landscaping. Raised and lowered sections create pleasing levels offering different heights to enjoy the view. Unique, tall wicker chairs with bright blue cushions surround the fire pit. Fire bowls at the poolside continue the warm glow throughout the space.
Jandy Pro Series Nicheless LED LightsJandy Pro Series Lighting – Jandy Pro Series Nicheless LED lights can give you this same effect. They deliver bright, efficient and reliable lighting in vivid color. They require no bonding or traditional niches, so they’re extremely small and can be installed just 4″ below the waterline. Whether swimming or just lighting up the night, you’ll enjoy an endless display of brilliant, beautiful color.
Intelligent pool control from your smart phone, tablet, or web-connected device.Jandy lights are Aqualink & iAqualink compatible – they can also be controlled with a regular light switch if necessary. If you are not familiar with iAqalink:
iAquaLink allows you to control your pool anytime, anywhere. Using the free app for your smart phone or web-connected device, you can control all the elements of your pool or pool/spa system, even when you’re on the go.
We Love This Modern Pool With Blue and Purple LED Lighting
Photo & Pool: Craig Reynolds Landscape Architecture and Bender & Associates
Placing landscape lighting underneath the palm trees and along the pool deck creates a soft, intimate glow on the patio. Blue and purple pool lights add a fun element to this backyard oasis. Modern patio furniture with woven bases sit underneath tropical plants, making for a cozy sitting area. Palm trees, ferns and banana leaf trees line the pathway in this tropical backyard. Landscape lighting in the tops of trees casts a soft glow on the patio. It just doesn’t get much more relaxing than that.
Feeling Inspired Yet?Check out our gallery of swimming pool features – and when designing your dream pool with a Premier Pools & Spas swimming pool designer, reference the code in the bottom right if there are any features that you’d like incorporated into your design. If you’d like more information about how to customize a pool design for your own backyard, feel free to reach out and we’ll provide you with a FREE estimate.
Interested in LED Lighting in Your Pool?
Bring the Tropical Atmosphere HomeFrom the white sand to the swaying palm trees, tropical destinations are and have been wildly popular among travelers since well…forever! We’re willing to bet that you wish you were on a tropical getaway right now. But, guess what? With Premier Pools & Spas, your vacation could potentially be located mere steps out your back door. No airfare, security lines at the airport, expensive resorts or the dreaded return home. In some parts of the country, the temperatures have begun dropping to the bitter single digits and as heavy snows start falling, there’s nothing you want more than to feel the warmth of the sun on your face as you lie on a beach listening to the waves lap up onto the shore. Don’t just dream about your tropical escape this winter. Make your dream a reality by designing the perfect tropical hideaway in your own backyard! Get ready to get inspired by some of the most amazing tropical escapes we have seen in the residential backyard.
Pool by: Premier Pools & Spas of San Diego
Palm Trees Create that Tropical Feel, Year-Round!
This pool was created for a homeowner who actually was not thrilled about the idea of building a pool in the first place, but his family was. Once the pool was built, the owner was able to see that the pool created the ability to spend more quality time as a family while doing something active. The backyard showpiece blends seamlessly with their home design by utilizing sharp lines and a modern design. The pool is unique in many ways but perhaps the most striking portion is that the hot tub is located in the middle of the pool. In order to get to the hot tub, one must either get wet or balance themselves on floating steps that lead to the baja shelf of the hot tub. Fire and tropical landscaping give off that tropical island feel for all those lucky enough to take a dip. Just check out the amazing, tropical landscaping below.
Pool by: Premier Pools & Spas of San Diego
That Tropical Feel is all in the Details
When designing your dream tropical backyard oasis, think beyond just the water-filled hole in the ground. Think about the tile work, the lighting, the waterfalls, the integration with your yard… there are so many features you can add to really make your backyard a destination.