Is swallowing pool water bad?

Swallowing pool water is not generally considered to be harmful. However, there are some potential risks associated with it.

The biggest concern with swallowing pool water is that it may contain bacteria or other contaminants that can cause illness. While pool water is typically disinfected to kill harmful bacteria, there is always the possibility that some may remain. If someone drinks pool water that contains contaminated water, they could become ill.

Another potential risk of swallowing pool water is that it could contain chemicals that are used to treat the water. While these chemicals are typically safe, some people may be sensitive to them and could experience an allergic reaction.

Overall, swallowing pool water is not likely to cause any major harm. However, there is always a small risk of becoming ill from bacteria or other contaminants in the water. It is important to be aware of these risks and take precautions to avoid them.

Was this helpful?